Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 4...



Morning Meditation, Day 4:

“But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart.” (Lk. 2:19)

How sloppy we can be with the words God speaks to us! How little we value what He says. We fail to keep the “living bread” alive in our hearts. We forget entirely too easily, and we let slip the very thing He has provided for our direction, comfort, and spiritual nourishment.

Mary, whether it was the angel who spoke to her or Elizabeth, her cousin, prophesying blessing upon her or the shepherds declaring the wonders of the child she held in her arms, stored all of God’s words securely in her heart and thought upon them always.

God’s words are seldom fulfilled in a day; He brings them about in His time, which is almost always unknown to us. Harbor His words until they come to pass. Mary held on to astonishing words, which brought her into repute (virgins do not have babies) and pierced her heart when the Romans pierced His hands and side. She saw God’s words played out in history because she guarded them diligently in her heart.

Mary received guidance, strength, and courage at every turn in the road because God’s word took deep root in her heart. If we will be as tenacious as she was with respect to God’s word, He will do the same for us.

To Consider:

Psalm 139:23-24: “Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”

Are you exercising living faith in your daily life despite your situation? (Rom. 4:17-22; II Cor. 4:17-18; 5:7; Hebrews 11:1-40)





Evening Reading, Day 4:

Psalm 119:25-32 (Read, meditate, and pray the passage)

ד Daleth
25 I am laid low in the dust;
preserve my life according to your word.
26 I gave an account of my ways and you answered me;
teach me your decrees.
27 Cause me to understand the way of your precepts,
that I may meditate on your wonderful deeds.
28 My soul is weary with sorrow;
strengthen me according to your word.
29 Keep me from deceitful ways;
be gracious to me and teach me your law.
30 I have chosen the way of faithfulness;
I have set my heart on your laws.
31 I hold fast to your statutes, LORD;
do not let me be put to shame.
32 I run in the path of your commands,
for you have broadened my understanding.

1 comment: