Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 19...


Morning Meditation:

“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the on of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” (Romans 10:13-15)

Since we have been privileged to know the benefits of living by God’s word, should we not be concerned to do all we can to see that everyone, near and far, has the opportunity to hear it too? We have embraced, up to this point, the word of God for ourselves, but we are called to herald it throughout the world too. In Philippians 2:15-16a, Paul encourages us, “That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life...”
We offer the bread of life to a dying world when we preach it to others.
Preaching God’s word may seem like an intimidating proposition to many of us. We may feel inadequate or unprepared. We probably lack experience and confidence. Our lives might not fully reflect Christ yet. I am sure we could come up with a great number of reasons as to why we are not the right ones. The one who shared the gospel with you probably felt like he or she wasn’t the right one for the job either, but, thank God, they went ahead anyway. PREACH THE WORD, BE INSTANT IN SEASON AND OUT!


To Consider:

Psalm 139:23-24: “Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”

Does your work ethic at home or in the job reflect the Christian spirit? (Eph. 6:5-9; Col. 3:22-4:1; I Pet. 2:18-23)




Evening Reading:
Psalm 119:145-152
ק Qoph
145 I call with all my heart; answer me, LORD, and I will obey your decrees. 146 I call out to you; save me and I will keep your statutes. 147 I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in your word. 148 My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promises. 149 Hear my voice in accordance with your love; preserve my life, LORD, according to your laws. 150 Those who devise wicked schemes are near, but they are far from your law. 151 Yet you are near, LORD, and all your commands are true. 152 Long ago I learned from your statutes that you established them to last forever.

1 comment:

Barb Papageorgiou said...

In Mark 8:34-38, we see Jesus instructing his disciples that if they come after him, you have to deny yourself, take up your cross and follow Him. Then, you have to lose your life for Him and for the sake of the Gospel's. If you do, you will save it. Then, He says what real profit can you get if you have the whole world but you have lost your soul in the process.
Lastly, He says if your are ashamed of Me and my Words in this adulterous and sinful generation: He will be ashamed of you, when He comes in the glory of His Father with the angels. Are you ashamed of Jesus and His Words, they are the only thing that will bring hope and life to this adulterous and sinful generation we live in. That's why we call it "The Good News." Let's pray like Paul in Ephes 6:19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel." Amen and Amen.