Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 16...



Morning Meditation:

“As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.” (Isa. 55:10-11)

God is confident that every word He speaks will come to pass. God’s reputation is on the line every time He speaks. God spoke to Jeremiah concerning His word saying, “You have seen correctly, for I am watching to see that my word is fulfilled. “
What assurance we ought to have when we dare take up God’s word into our mouths! When we speak it out of the abundance of our hearts in faith, the mountains we confront do not have a chance. Jesus, in Mark 11:23, said that they would be thrown into the midst of the sea.

There are many examples of God fulfilling His word, but the life of Samuel provides a particularly encouraging example. The author commented, in I Samuel 3:19, The Lord was with Samuel as he grew up, and he let none of his words fall to the ground.” How would you like to be in a place where God honors your every word? You can, when you speak in line with God’s own word. Fill your heart and mouth with God’s word and watch Him fulfill it.

To Consider:

Psalm 139:23-24: “Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”

Are you using the resources God has given you faithfully? (I Tim. 6:17-19; Eph. 5:15-20)


Evening Reading:

Psalm 119:121-128
ע Ayin
121 I have done what is righteous and just; do not leave me to my oppressors. 122 Ensure your servant’s well-being; do not let the arrogant oppress me. 123 My eyes fail, looking for your salvation, looking for your righteous promise. 124 Deal with your servant according to your love and teach me your decrees. 125 I am your servant; give me discernment that I may understand your statutes. 126 It is time for you to act, LORD; your law is being broken. 127 Because I love your commands more than gold, more than pure gold, 128 and because I consider all your precepts right, I hate every wrong path.

1 comment:

Barb Papageorgiou said...

Jarirus looked to Jesus to heal his daughter. Then on the way word came that she had died. How many times do we find ourselves hearing a word that is overwhelming to us. But we find our Lord saying as soon as He heard the word spoken, He said to Jarius, " Be not afraid, only believe." I know thru this time in my life I put God's Word above all the negative words spoken. Guess what It Worked!!!!! I truly can declare, "Great is the Holy One of Isreal in the midst of me" Praise God!!!!!