Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 21: Here We Are, Send Us!


Please read Isaiah 6:1-8




These meditations have been arranged to reflect the work God accomplished in the life of the Prophet Isaiah, with the expectancy that God would work in our lives, both individually and corporately, in the same manner.
We have sought to enable you to understand and taste of four particular aspects of the prophet’s experience, believing that there would be parallel results.
First, the prophet was brought face to face with his Creator and Savior, where he gazed upon the beauty of His holiness. Secondly, as the prophet was revived by his fresh view of the Lord, he was cut to the heart by his own unworthiness, which was remedied only as he confessed his weakness and the Lord cleansed him from his iniquity. As a result, his heart was transformed into a dwelling place of the Almighty. Finally, in response to all that the Lord had revealed to him, Isaiah declared, “Here I am, send me”, when the Lord made His needs known to him.

Lord, we pray that we may all grasp your beauty and that we might be moved to acknowledge your holiness. We confess that we are unworthy and unfit apart from you. But we give you thanks that you are merciful and gracious to us, that you prepare us to collaborate with you in your great endeavors. Lord, we give ourselves to you to serve in any manner you see fit as you enable us through your abundant grace.

3 comments:

Barb Papageorgiou said...

"As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten be zealous therefore, and repent."
"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock:if any man hear my voice, and open the door. I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."
"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne."
These are Jesus' words to the Laodicean church, in Rev.3:19-21. As I typed them, tears fell from my eyes in great humility and love for the Lord that He would knock at our doors. Praise God that we have opened them. He is the King of Great Glory, Honor and Power, forever and ever. AMEN AND AMEN!!!!!

Michael said...

What a wonderful way to end the fast. The post today was such a representation of the Spirit that was present at the prayer meeting last night. People that were crying out for the baptism and the power of the Spirit of God, so they could be sent out into their "worlds" as witnesses to the greatness of God. What a blessing. May the Spirit of God continue to blow upon us, and may we be a people who like Isaiah will stand before God and say Here Am I even without knowing the conditions. May we prepare our new wineskins for the new wine that the Lord wants to pour out on His people.

Carl DiVirgilio said...

My prayer is that the Lord would leave His imprint so deeply on our hearts that we continue to seek Him until He brings the work He has begun in this season to completion (until it bears fruit) in all of our lives. Lets continue to seek Him daily!
Blessings