Thursday, October 15, 2009

Who Is Your Nineveh Part II

Here is the interesting part about Nineveh. When Jonah took it upon himself to with hold forgiveness from that city, he stepped into a prison of unforgiveness and bitterness. Here we find an amazing truth about Christianity. If you do not forgive, you cannot be forgiven ... you have just stepped back into the concentration camp and have closed the door. Why, because you have forgotten that BY GRACE YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED. We are not God, and anytime we act as God ie. when we do not offer grace to others when God has offered grace to us, we once again crucify Christ and make His sacrifice of no effect. That is why when Jesus taught us how to pray he said "forgive us our sins AS we have forgiven those who have sinned against us." Meaning if we don't forgive them then we won't be forgiven.

Remember the guy in the previous post. His name was Sgt. Skinny Sisk (Actual Picture) and here is the rest of his story. "My career after the war was trying to drink away the die-hard Nazi that I went up into the Bavarian Alps and killed. Old Moe Alley made a statement that all the killings that I did was going to jump into the bed with me one of these days and they surely did. I had a lot of flashbacks after the war and I started drinking."

"Then my sister's little daughter, four years old, came into my bedroom while I was hungover and she told me that Jesus loved me and if I would repent God would forgive me for all of the men I kept trying to kill all over again. That little girl got to me. I put her out of my room, and then I bowed my head on my Mother's old feather bed and repented and God forgave me for the war. I was ordained in the latter part of 1949 into the ministry. The Lord willing and Jesus tarrys I hope to see you all at the next reunion. If not I'll see you at the last jump. I know you won't freeze in the door."

When he unmercifully killed Germans, especially outside of the normal rules of war, he became a prisoner of anger and unforgiveness. The only thing that freed him was repentance before almighty God, and that grace he received changed his life from that point on. No matter how bad the city becomes let us never forget the unconditional love that God has for us and NEVER refuse to show that love and grace toward Nineveh, lest we willfully reenter the place of unforgiveness and death that we were once rescued from.

No comments: